ISO 9001: 2008 is an international standard related to quality management system, applicable to any organization from all types of business sectors and activities.
ISO 9001:2008 is based on eight quality management principles (all fundamental to good business practice). When fully adopted, these principles can help improve your organizational performance:
- Customer focus:organizations depends on their customers, and therefore need to shape activities around the fulfillment of market need
- Leadership: is needed to provide unity of purpose and direction
- Involvement of people:creates an environment where people become fully involved in achieving the organization’s objectives
- Process approach:to achieve organizational objectives, resources and activities need to be managed as processes, with an understanding of how the outputs of one process affects the inputs of another
- System approach to management:the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization depends on a systemized approach to work activities
- Continual improvement:adopting this as a part of everyday culture is a key objective for an organization
- Fact based decision-making: effective decisions are based on the logical and intuitive analysis of data and factual information
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships:such relationships will enhance theability to create value.
BENEFITS OF ISO 9001:2008
- Involves Top management in the improvement of the Quality management System
Facilitates the organization to become a customer-focused organization.
- Ensures sustained customer satisfaction by producing, delivering services and providing support functions that meet customer’s needs and expectations.
- Increases the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization through continual improvement in systems and products /services quality.